Gå til innhold

Temperaturavhengighet ved polering?

Glenn L

Hei!

Hadde tenkt å prøve å komme meg over hele bilen i påsken med DA-maskin, så ser jeg at for øyeblikket er det meldt 6 grader, og jeg har ikke tett garasje..

Mener jeg har hørt noe om at det bør være en ca 15 grader når du polerer, og om dette er tilfelle, hvorfor?

Eller vil det gå helt fint? :P

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jeg har polert 2 biler nå i vinter med rundt 2-8 grader i garasjen, opplevde ikke andre problemer enn at jeg frøys :P

brukte da scholl og DA.

Jeg tror du tenker på når du legger voks.. da bør d være litt varmere.. men jeg har lagt collinite 845 i rundt 6 grader uten problemer :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tenkte ikke på voks nei ;)

Men takk for svar og satser på at det bør gå greit da :)

Fant foresten en god forklaring på hva temperaturen påvirker, skrevet av Mike Philips :)

4. What temperature ranges are best for applying cleaners, polishes, and waxes degrees

When we talk about surface temperatures, we need to consider three factors:

• Surface Temperature
  • Ambient Temperature
  • Relative Humidity
  • Surface Temperature (Actual surface temperature of the vehicle)

Image8.jpg
    The best surface temperature range for applying cleaners, polishes, and protectants is approximately 60 degrees to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. More importantly, the surface does not feel warm or hot to the touch.

Basically, when you're working within this temperature range, it's not too cold, and it's not too warm to realize exceptional results from just about any Meguiar's product.

Meguiar's products will work easily within a much broader temperature range, such as, 50 degrees to 90 degrees Fahrenheit, but guaranteed best results will be achieved in the 60 degrees to 80 degrees range.

Ambient Temperature (Outside temperature)
    Ambient temperature is the room temperature or the temperature of the surrounding environment. It's easily possible to have between 10 to 50 degrees difference in ambient temperature compared to surface temperature. This can make the difference between a product that's easy to work with, or hard to work with. Keep in mind, the hotter the ambient temperature, the quicker products will dry.

Humidity (Moisture in the air)
    Simply put, humidity is moisture in the air. Technically there is Relative Humidity and Absolute Humidity, but as it relates to:

• Applying
    • Working with
    • Curing, drying, hazing
    • Wipe-off or removal of car care products.

The simple explanation of moisture in the air, or more specifically, the amount of moisture in the air is the major factor, which will affect how easily or potentially difficult a product will be to work with, or a procedure will be to perform.

Low humidity, in warm to hot temperatures, will act to cause liquids to evaporate and dry more quickly. This can make a product difficult to work with or decrease the amount of time the product remains easily workable on the surface.

High humidity in cold temperatures can make products hard to work because it can dramatically increase the amount of time necessary for the product to cure, dry or haze (depending on which product you're using).

Low humidity in low temperatures tends not to be a factor in working with, cure times, and when applying and in the removal of cleaners, polishes, and protectants (Low temperatures are a factor, but not low humidity in low temperatures).

High humidity in high temperatures tends not to be a factor in working with, cure times, and when applying and in the removal of cleaners, polishes, and protectants (High temperatures are a factor, but not high humidity in high temperatures)

Extreme temperatures, both cold and hot will make any product more difficult to work with.

Direct sunlight

Direct sunlight will dramatically increase the surface temperature compared to ambient temperatures and make cleaners, polishes and protectants extremely more difficult to apply, work and remove.

Air current/Wind

Air current/air flow, or windy conditions will act to increase the evaporation speed and potentially making some products more difficult to apply, work, or remove. In some cases this can be a bonus, helping a wax to cure/dry more quickly.

Summary

The best conditions for using cleaners, polishes and protectants on automotive paints would be in a cool place, out of direct sunlight, in a surface temperature range between 60 degrees and 80 degrees Fahrenheit, with comfortable to low humidity, with a light breeze to create the perfect conditions for detailing your car's finish.

Common sense and a good rule-of-thumb is to avoid applying any product if the surface is too warm to touch with the palm of your hand comfortably.

50 degrees Fahrenheit = 10.0 degrees Celsius

90 degrees Fahrenheit = 32.2 degrees Celsius Mike Phillips

Office: 800-869-3011 x206

Mike.Phillips@Autogeek.net

"Find something you like and use it often"

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Har kjørt roterende maskin på senhøsten ett par ganger, tipper en 5-10 grader. Det var i hvertfall ikke noen sukse. Mild polish (Scholl S17+, S30) var ikke noe problem, men grov polish (Scholl S3G og S02) kladda fælt. Polishen klumpet seg i paden og paden "spyttet" polish klumper etter få paneler. Endte med att jeg måtte rengjøre/skifte pads etter hvert panel, da går det, men blir litt slitsomt i lengden synes jeg. Med DA maskin har jeg ikke noen erfaringer, men tipper det blir noe det samme.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jeg pleier å rengjøre pads minst etter hvert panel uansett. Ellers kladder det fort. Å holde paden ren og porene åpne er noe av det viktigste for et godt resultat :)

Ja, jeg vasker med svamp!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Anders_Aa

Jeg pleier å rengjøre pads minst etter hvert panel uansett. Ellers kladder det fort. Å holde paden ren og porene åpne er noe av det viktigste for et godt resultat :)

Rengjøre, altså ikke bare bruke en padbørste til å fjerne støv, men vaske den ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 month later...

Hei.

Venter på varmen så jeg kan gå i gang med vårpussen og lurte på hvor varmt det egentlig må være for å polere??? :unsure:

Må se å få bygd meg en garasje snart.... ^_^

Endret av Mighty
Flyttet fra annen tråd
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan poste nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, Logg inn nå for å poste med din egen konto.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn innhold med formatering.   Fjern formatering

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Din link har automatisk blitt innebygd.   Vis som link i stede for

×   Tidligere innhold har blitt gjenopprettet.   Fjern innhold

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...